du 30/11/-0001 à 12:00 au 30/11/-0001 à 12:00
How is the procedure?
- The first stage of the application is the application form to be obtained from the competent authority (depending on the canton).
- The municipal police shall make a report after convocation of the candidate.
- The applicant participates in a hearing in front of a municipal commission to test the candidate's knowledge of the history, geography, politics, culture and motivation of the candidate.
- In some cantons, a candidate must also pass a written exam.
- Upon acceptance at municipal level the file goes through various federal departments before the Council of State makes a decision.
- The file is then processed by the Federal Office for Migration in Bern for the granting of federal authorization. Once issued, the candidate takes the oath in front of a delegation of the State Council.
The procedure varies in each canton and commune. For more information: https://www.ch.ch/en/naturalisation-switzerland/